Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Ig, encoder input

Ignoramus2853 wrote:

By the way Jon, it is rigid tapping that I brag the most about when I
talk about my conversion to people who actually know machining.

Yup, not too many home shops have rigid tapping. Mach doesn't
support, it, either. At the CNC Workshop, the owner of Tormach came
over and asked, so I showed him the rigid tapping routine. I wasn't
going to rub his nose in it unless he asked.

I just did 228 4-40 holes with a combination drill-tap. I'd sure hate
to do all that by hand, or have to spot, drill through and tap in 3 steps.

Jon