Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led Flashlights

Measuring amps is easy enough. Remove the tail cap, put one
lead of ammeter on the back of the battery pack. Other lead
on the inside threads of the case / barrel.

Can't remember where I heard this, but the three AAA
flashlights from HF run max amperage, from the AAA cells. To
use that light module on D cells for example, would need a
current limiting resistor of some value. Not sure what
value.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Combs" wrote in message

Question: how did you measure the amps pulled? That is,
where
and how did you break the circuit so you could insert the
ammeter (part of a vom)? At least in my 3-AAA led lights
and headlamps, it's a pretty tight fit.

Obviously you have some neat technique that I'd like to
learn!

Thanks,

David