Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

"Bob F" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote in message

u...
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
First thing comes to mind, is sunlight and the UV rays. So,
what you use should be UV resistant.

White PVC tubing might work for a while.

I have black polypipe that's been in the sunlight for up to 20
years. The biggest danger to my black polypipe has been from my
garden fork and frost popping the connectors off.

quoteBlack HDPE pipe containing 2 to 2.5% carbon black can be
safely stored outside in the sun without damage from UV exposure.
/quote source: http://www.polymoldproducts.com/PE_PIPES.htm

Some poly pipe can take it and some apparently can not.

It'd be as useless as tits on a man's back if it couldnt' be used out
in the sun in Australia.

Even in Seattle?

Seattle isn't in Australia. And from my limited knowledge of Seattle, I
thought it got lots of rain??????