Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ig, encoder input

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 16:27:28 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

Ditto, I never tire of watching a machine tap. Multipass threading on
the lathe 500 RPM is pretty neat too.

Karl

The first threads I cut on my lathe conversion was around 800RPM, pretty
awesome. I turned down a cylinder end for 1" to 3/4" and threaded it
3/4-16, including manual tool change, in under 3 minutes.

RogerN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etLSxAV15lQ
http://www.vimeo.com/7692653

This is a rather interesting point of view..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_q5...eature=related

And then for those who like larger lathes......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5JN4...eature=related

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.