Posted to uk.d-i-y
H. Neary H. Neary is offline

Default Old TV arials - now obsolete?

On 2 Jul 2011 20:12:00 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

Are rooftop TV arials now all obsolete, what with digital TV, satellite TV,
etc? I don't watch TV myself, but I am renovating the exterior of my house
and wondered if I can remove the old TV Arials without any likelihood of
their being missed in the future. Or do people receive digital TV signals
via old arials? The arials in question were erected in the early 1990s, I
believe.

Thank you.
Al

I wouldn't think a missing TV aerial would reduce the value of your
property, unless your council is as useless and thick as Stoke's where
they have been known to ban outside aerials in a poor reception area.

Personally I would leave an aerial up, it will probably be o/k for a
digital signal anyway and if someone wants to replace it in the future
it is less likely that a local action group will be formed to protest
about modifying the landscape, causing cancer, attracting aliens etc
etc.

HN