Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

On Jul 2, 10:40*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
I ran 1" PVC about a 1/4 mile buried in 1976. *Still in service today
with no leaks. *Same for all my sprinkler lines. *Only leak I have
had was one fitting where I made the misstake of using a female
PVC/male Iron fitting. *NEVER do that! Always use a malepvc/female
iron. Much fun as it broke in the middle of winter and I had to shut
off the the entire line until spring so I could dig it up.

Where do you live that you're irrigating in winter... and if you live
in a warm clime where one irrigates all year WTF mention winter, and
if it's warm enough to irrigate WTF would you need to wait until
spring to dig... are you fibbing? *From reading your posts you're just
making it ALL up... "iron" irrigation fittings your ass.

Iron - maybe "galvanized iron" pipe would help you understand.

I fully doubt that. Nothing seems to sink into that head of his. At
first I thought he was just another no-nothing, now I am sure he could
be certified as a moron by a psychiatrist.

You really are full of it aren't you. The more you talk, the better we can see
that you know nothing. There are plenty of possible reasons to need water during
the winter.

It is common knowledge that Female PVC fittings don't hold up well, whether the
male fitting is PVC, iron pipe, or even brass. The Female fittings tend to leak,
until you tighten them down enough, then they split.

Exactly what happened to my line. I laid it in the fall and the leak
(massive) surfaced in January. Had to shut down my well and re-open
the community well line that I gave up on by drilling my own well. I
had wound up being the unpaid maintenance man on the community well.
Had enough of that after 10 years.

Harry K