Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT Has anyone in the group ever had to verify your signature on a credit card receipt?

In article ,
Usafretcol wrote:

It's not for your protection that the merchant violates the agreement
they signed. It is for their protection as fraudulent use of a card
does not cost the legitimate holder a dime.

Agree that they do it for their own protection, but in the process
they're covering my ass too. And why would I care that someone I do
business with wants to protect himself from fraud? Someone upthread was
sniveling about that for no good reason that I can see.

Never had an issue with a credit card, but the recent fraudulent use of
my debit card cost me a few hours on the phone and in person at my bank,
as well as having to live without a debit card for ten days until a new
one was issued. Also had to wait six weeks for the money to be put back
into my account, once the investigation completed. AFAIC, those things
add up to costing me a hell of a lot more than a dime.

Side note: For the CC I use on a day-to-day basis, I have automatic
emails set up to notify me of any charges over a user-specified
amount. I specified $1. If anything fishy popped up, I'd know about it
PDQ.