Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Blown in cellulose in new construction

Stormin Mormon wrote:
A couple fellows and I used a blower, two or three years
ago. Needs two adults, and three is better. Good idea to
break up the compacted fluff as you put it in the machine.
Open the gate at the bottom only about 1/4 of the way.

The use of the machine was free, with purchase of 20 bags.
we put six or seven bags into my ceiling, and then went did
another guy's house, and put a bunch there. had a couple
bags to take back.

Don't work on a wet rainy day, they get irritated if you
bring back a wet machine.

Two tricks for working in a hot attic:

1. Put a lawn sprinkler or two on the roof.
2. Disconnect one of the A/C ducts and let it cool the attic.