Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT - postings not appearing? long delays?

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:24:22 -0500, Jeffrey Angus

A lot of people are complaing about Google groups not updating
properly for the last week. There are other free or low cost news
servers availible.

I recently switched to Eternal September
http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=NewUser&language=en
Seems to be working just dandy.

I've been on Supernews since the stone age. I'm on SUPER-TEXT[1] plan
that gives me text service for $4/month. Works fine, little spam, no
lost messages, fast header downloads (after I purged most of my
ancient junk), and cheap.
http://www.supernews.com

[1] 3G/mo, 10 streams, $3.95/mo, no encryption.
Oh-oh. It appears that they offer this plan any more.

Looking at my stats, I download about 5 MBytes/month and have
downloaded 184 MBytes since 3/2008. Definitely a light weight Usenet
user.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D