Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Angle iron

wrote:
I needed some 3/4"x3/4"x1/8" angle iron for a project. Previously I
bought a 3-foot length in Home Depot so I headed back there. They had
an item with that description but it did not look like what I had
bought before.

[snip]
2) Is there a good reason why a 72" length of stock should cost 1.5x
as much per inch as a 36" length?

Because you're buying it from home despot. Look up Steel in the yellow
pages and go to your local steel or scrapyard. They will sell you the
stuff, and LOTS of other stuff, by the pound, or by the foot, at prices that
will probably be 1/3 or less what you are paying at the despot. It's a lot
more fun, too.

Jon