Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
SMS SMS is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

On 7/1/2011 9:52 PM, Harry K wrote:

I ran 1" PVC about a 1/4 mile buried in 1976. Still in service today
with no leaks. Same for all my sprinkler lines. Only leak I have had
was one fitting where I made the misstake of using a female PVC/male
Iron fitting. NEVER do that! Always use a malepvc/female iron. Much
fun as it broke in the middle of winter and I had to shut off the the
entire line until spring so I could dig it up.

PVC is really the only good option here. It's very cheap, 500' of 1"
would probably cost under $200 with all the couplings and glue,
depending on where it is all purchased. It can be painted for sun
protection if the o.p. doesn't want to bury it.