Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

"SMS" wrote in message
On 7/1/2011 5:23 PM, Bob F wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:42:57 -0700,
wrote:

On 6/29/2011 4:30 PM, James Nipper wrote:

Any ideas of what I should look for, or use ? Any general ideas
of how to accomplish what I am trying to do ?

Remember that PVC pipe deteriorates in the sun unless painted.

Buy 20' lengths of 1" PVC at an irrigation supply house, don't go to
Home Depot or Lowe's.

For a large job such as described by the OP 20' lenghts will cause
lots of leaking problems, and short lengths can't be laid by
machine... Home Depot, Lowes, and any plumbing supply emporium sells
tubing in spools of several hundred feet. You can buy 300' rolls of
1" PVC from Amazon with free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/Genova-Product...ef=pd_sim_ol_2

Would still be easier and less costly to haul water as needed.

That's poly, not PVC.

I would definitely avoid the poly unless he wants to be replacing it every
couple of years.

Poly is not PVC. Poly does not have problems from UV and doesn't need
replacing every few years. I have poly that has been in use above ground
for 20 years.

If you glue couplers properly there will be no leaks.

It's UV deterioration that he needs to worry about. When PVC is installed
exposed to the sun it needs to be painted.

Everyone has recommended that the OP use poly not PVC. Poly is short for
polyethylene.