Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2853 Ignoramus2853 is offline

Default Ig, encoder input

On 2011-07-01, Jon Elson wrote:
Ig, I can make or buy the encoder I need for my spindle, but I have a
question about reading the quadrature signals.

What sort of input board (for the encoder) did you use when you did the EMC
rigid tapping conversion?

Also, I can't seem to find the detail on whether or not you used the old
servo motors, or replaced them with newer technology.

I have several boards that can do this, the PPMC that Iggy used (for
analog-input servo amps), the Universal Stepper Controller (for any
drives that take step and direction signals) and the Universal PWM
Controller (for drives that take a digital PWM signal).

You also need a spindle index signal for multi-pass threading.

By the way Jon, it is rigid tapping that I brag the most about when I
talk about my conversion to people who actually know machining.