Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 19:31:53 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
First thing comes to mind, is sunlight and the UV rays. So,
what you use should be UV resistant.

White PVC tubing might work for a while. The cost of
fittings might add up. Typically sold in 10 foot lengths,
and the tubing is relatively rigid.

White PVC will be weakened by UV. Works great buried.

The new "Pex" stuff they sell for indoor water tubing may
work, but not sure how UV resistant it is.

Most Pex is easily damaged by UV.

They also sell some grey tubing for electrical conduit,
which might be more UV resistant, but not sure it's used for
outdoor water.

It's not rated for that.

Which brings us back to black poly pipe.

Ah! Thank you for mentioning it. Given all the other posts where there has
been no mention of black polypipe except for a very early post, but some
other things I've never heard of and UV, I was beginning to wonder if black
polypipe hadn't made it to US.

Plenty black poly in the US, used for about every automatic sprinkler
system... but in most all cases it's completely buried so UV is not a
problem.