Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Blown in cellulose in new construction

On 6/30/2011 11:11 PM, Robert Neville wrote:
wrote:

Probably
higher up front cost, but quick payback in heat/cooling costs.

No probably about it. When I ran the numbers it was about 3X the price of batts
and the payback even over cellulose was over 10 years. The numbers don't work
for most locations.

When i had my 1400 sq. ft house done it was about 20% higher for the
entire job, done by the pros, than what the material alone would have
cost me to do fiberglass myself. It's NOT that much higher. A dollar a
square foot for 12" of it in the attic and .75Cents a square foot for
wet sprayed 3.5" walls.

--
Steve Barker