Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I do agree that riding a bike would be good for us. I recently took a

plane
trip from Houston to Buffalo (five hours). Not only did I have to spend

four
days in western New York but, equally bad, got hit with a deep vein
thrombosis which resulted in a pulmonary embolism! Five days in the

hospital
and $70,000 later, I'm good as new. But I learned a valuable lesson.

Geez, dude, I've told the story of my boss's DVT so many times I thought it
might have sunk in. You have to move around in a plane to avoid circulation
problems. It's unnatural for the human body to stay in one cramped, awful
position for so long. Had a co-worker get a DVT on a flight to Japan. Now
he's on a cocktail of meds including blood thinners that have some serious
side-effects.

Sad to say, no one I've known with a DVT is ever "good as new" but I hope
for the best for you. Who else could I spar with on AHR that knows how to
take a joke? Move a-fuc&ing-round next time. The aisle seat is actually
your friend because it almost forces you to move. A clot can also move to
your brain and kill you stone dead. You're lucky. You got "warning
ticket." sermon over

I spent two years in Buffalo (until a total of 90" of snow and seeing Niagra
Falls frozen stiff convinced me to go south). Why would you want to fly
*there*? (-:

--
Bobby G.