Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

"Bob F" wrote:

If you take a mile of hose, or one 50 foot length, what percentage of the single
hose water will get through the mile length, with the same high volume source
and hose diameter? 100%? You don't really think so, do you?

I know from my experience that two hoses in series deliver significantly less
water than one. Now multiply that effect for a 500 foot hose.

For tapping beer from kegs, they even use the line length to drop the pressure
to avoid foaming. 3/16" beer line produces 2 psi drop per foot at the flow of a
normal tap.

You had better put down that sudz.. you don't know the difference
between pressure and volume.