Posted to alt.home.repair
VirtualDen VirtualDen is offline

Default Patch for asphalt drive

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"VirtualDen" wrote:

"p4o2" wrote in message
Anyone ever patch a drive to fix a very shallow depression? Just in
front of our garage door, the drive has sunk a small amount (not more
than an inch or two) and water collects there. Cold patches seem to be
for deeper holes. Is there a way I can fill this 4x2 ft depression?

There is a product call "leveling patch paste" here in Canada by
ResistOSeal
but it is for 3/8 to 3/4 in. crack. For bigger crack like 1 in. it can be
mixed with sand and water. Anyway it is a lot more expensive than cold
patch
which you should use anyway with a wet pestle or a sledgehammer. It will
look smoother and a lot better if you finish it with the leveling patch
paste.

VD

So a 4' x 2' depression is a "crack" in your lexicon?

No the instruction stated it is for small crack and I wrote in my other post
the instruction were misleading. In fact it can be used for small
denivelation as long they are not very deep.
The paste will cover the whole area as long as it is not 3 in. deep though
it could work if it is mixed with sand and water but it would be very costly
and I would not try it myself this much deep. So I told him to use cold
patch then finish the job with the paste. In fact he could only use the cold
patch but the junction may not look very good. The paste will cover the now
not very deep but damn very wide crack, no problem ;oP

VD