Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default manual hedge clippers?

On Jun 20, 9:17*am, Tom wrote:
I'm thinking about getting manual hedge clippers. Has anybody reverted from
electric to manual? My first thought is that it'd take a lot longer that way,
but I want to ask if anybody has experience and found that to be true.

Any other comments on using manual clippers?

It depends heavily on the plant. IF the plant really needs a planar
trimming, electric is the way to go. But many hedge plants do better
if they don't get a planar trimming, but are thinned and cut back with
pruners. Laurels, myrtles, photinia and other branchy or leafy hedge
plants fall into this category.

Using pruners on such plants not only produces healthier results, but
can be faster to clean up, and fairly quick to perform.