Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT anti-lock brakes.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:51:10 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:28:18 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

That's big of you. If you want to accept the odds you'll be killed,
fine, but it's the other two cars that crashed and the people in the
other two cars who would have been injured or killed. You have no
right to put them in that position.

Uh, I didn't put them in a dangerous position. They put themselves
there.

Not the girlfriend in the passenger seat, and not the driver behind
him, and even for him, his putting himself in a dangerous position
doesn't entitle you to intentionally do something that might kill him
(and her). Admit it. You should have pulled over to let him pass or
slowed down until he went around you.

No, I'm not changing my position on this. It's quite possible that I
saved a life, by teaching 3 people first hand the dangers of tailgating.
The highway patrol had no questions for me, so apparently didn't see
anything wrong with what I did, either. Braking is not illegal.
Tailgating, OTOH, is illegal, dangerous, and foolish.

And besides, I'm not going to tell the whole long story of the whole
LONG incident, but like I said before, being put in the same situation
again I would do the same thing. So might you.

You can have the last word (if you don't count these 6, oops, 14).