IMM

Default Drain cock

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:38:10 -0000, "John Flax"
wrote:

Don't forget to have a new washer to hand or be able to get to a

supplier.

We had exactly the same problem this week in my neighbours house.

The sticking washer meant that it took hours to drain down the system.

My neighbour said that in his previous house the drain cocks were outside
the house. This sounds a damned good idea.

Don't forget to have a new washer to hand or be able to get to a

supplier. I
know I said that earlier but it could be very inconvenient!

Indeed,another method is to fit a tee at a low spot on the system and
run a pipe to outside with a gate valve on it,so ensuring speedy
drainage.

Gate valve? Srop cock!

---