Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A felon buying a gun is committing an actual crime, so how do we
prevent them doing that without background checks? Are you seriously
suggesting there should be no barriers to convicted criminals from
buying guns, we should only hope that the cops catch them after
they've used a gun they aren't supposed to have to commit another
crime?

We don't mandate that those who've gotten a speeding ticket install
governors on their car engines to prohibit excessive speed.

What a bizarre point, and it ignores that if one gets enough speeding
tickets we take away his driver's license and if he keeps driving without
one we put him in prison.

The prohibition against a felon purchasing a gun is NOT to prevent him
from committing another crime; it is a deterrence to discourage others
from becoming felons in the first place!

I would bet folding money that no legislator advocating a law to prohibit
felons from possessing firearms ever argued that the law's purpose was to
discourage law-abiding citizens from taking up crime. Can you document that
any such law contains language identifying that as its purpose?