Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
DGDevin wrote:

those types of laws are to provide punishment for when a person
commits an actual crime.

A felon buying a gun is committing an actual crime, so how do we
prevent them doing that without background checks? Are you seriously
suggesting there should be no barriers to convicted criminals from
buying guns, we should only hope that the cops catch them after
they've used a gun they aren't supposed to have to commit another
crime?

We don't mandate that those who've gotten a speeding ticket install
governors on their car engines to prohibit excessive speed.

But we do mandate (in many states) that a conviction for drunk driving
requires the defendant to purchase an expensive breath-test starter
mechanism that requires the driver to "blow clean" to start the car and to
continue to blow clean while driving or the cars lights and horn begin
flashing and sounding. I don't think that the speed governor is far behind
for excessive speeding convictions. It's quite feasible technically. The
legal foundation has certainly been laid and has survived numerous
challenges for mandating a speed controller.

--
Bobby G.