Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Computers on the way out

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:11:18 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mm" wrote
That's partly because everyone has a computer now, and many have no
need for a better one.

I started with an 8088 computer with two floppy drives, no hard drive. I
bough new ever second generation and each was a big improvement. Faster,
better software, new gadgets like a color monitor, then a mouse, 300 baud
modem, etc. What I have today is as fast as I can use, the internet is fast
enough for video, my monitor is a nice flat screen. New computers have only
a small increment of improvement for home and light business use. Unless it
breaks, I won't ever buy a new one just for more features and speed.

Four months ago I needed a new phone so I got a smart phone. It is handy,
but it does not replace my desktop computer. It does have one nice feature
though. I can take it into the bathroom and instead of a magazine, I can
read the news on the phone.

Doesn't the shower get it wet? Wait a sec, didn't the shower get the
magazine wet too?