Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Power Grid Freq Variations To Be Allowed

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:56:56 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[snip]

Many digital clocks listen to WWV NIST radio stations to set the time. I
bought such a clock years ago and just a few years ago I bought an
inexpensive Sony clock radio that had the same feature. I'm not sure if
it got its time signal from WWV or there is something now being
broadcast by radio stations or if it picks it up from a cellphone tower.

I've had clocks that do that, and clocks that PRETEND to do that.

There seem to be a lot of things sending out time signals. Heck, if I'm
remembering right, POTS line caller ID does it too.

TDD

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"There's a sucker born-again every minute..."