Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Deck above driveway leading to a 2 car garage

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:58:21 -0700 (PDT), newbee
wrote:

We are considering putting a deck on our 20 foot wide town home. The
back of the home has a 2 car garage and a driveway and the deck will
be directly above the driveway.

I think you mean only as wide as the garage and not the whole house,
but you don't say how wide. Of course a 2 car garage is nearing 20
feet.

Are there any special considerations while putting a deck of this
nature? Do you recommend more than 2 wood beams to hold the deck?

While you're at it, maybe you can turn it into a carport. Then I can
visit and leave my convertible top down even when it's raining. Or
someone has stuff in the back of the pickup.

Thanks

SR