Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Has anyone in the group ever had to verify your signature on a credit card receipt?

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:03:25 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:57:43 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:32:50 -0400, Metspitzer wrote:

If someone used your card without your permission, would that not
already be fraud? Just wonder how often a signature dispute comes up.

I have used someone else's credit card only a few times (4-5 tops) and
never had a problem. Even when people check the photo ID they have only
checked the photo 4-5 times. I bet I could borrow my son's ID and credit
card and not have a problem, even if I write on the card to check photo ID.
I had that on my card for about 2 years and NOBODY checked the photo
against my face, only compared names.

I am guessing it is more for the clerk to match the front signature

There's a signature on the front?

with the back, but they are not exactly the CSI type.

Maybe they can cancel all those bloody shows adn they can work as
clerks.

I think putting a picture ID would be much more effective. Now a
days, you could email a photo to the card company.