Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default OT Has anyone in the group ever had to verify your signature on a credit card receipt?

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
If someone used your card without your permission, would that not
already be fraud? Just wonder how often a signature dispute comes up.

One time only. On a European trip I had a Visa card stolen. I called the
issuing credit union from there.
When I got home there was only one charge made the day of the theft that I
had not made.
The CU had the original slip. I was asked to sign my name five times. They
looked at my sig, looked at the credit card slip and said " Ok we will
charge it back to the shop that had accepted the card."

By the way, I had gone to the police station (we were leaving that day ) and
managed to get a police report. I had it with me when I went to the CU.

I still have that report. It was my souvenir from the Rome police.

Charlie