Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_2_] dpb[_2_] is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

dpb wrote:

Mike Marlow wrote:

dpb wrote:

What _SPECIFIC_ risk are you talking about? What was the risk at
Yucca Mtn that's so horrific (other than Harry losing his powerful
position in NV and DC if he gets out of the way)???

Just the nature of the waste, and the fact that today, our storage
strategy relies on the hope that nothing will go wrong - no
earthquakes, no outside factors, that will disturb what is a fairly
fragile storage strategy, and that at some point we'll have a better
plan.

Speaking of which, all of the above "relies on" are bogus even for the
spent fuel pools.

Certainly any repository site or other alternative has included design
basis earthquake, outside threaths, etc., etc, etc., ...

It's simply nonsense to say that...hell, the damn transport casks have
even been tested w/ full-scale train collisions w/ no harmful releases
and that _still_ doesn't satisfy the critics...there's nothing that
would ever satisfy the critics because they don't have any intent of
being satisfied; adequate safeguards aren't their objective, total
shutdown is the goal.