Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:39:36 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

dpb wrote:

Meanwhile, owing to those decisions, spent fuel continues to simply
accumulate at the reactor sites as there is no alternative allowed or
allowable at present. The current situation is _all_, fundamentally,
political in how we got to this quagmire because every alternative has
been closed to date by intervention from DC.

Not so much, as I understand it. Again - France is still dealing with what
to do with their spent fuel.

And dealing with it well. Here's a 4-page NYT report on it:
http://goo.gl/12tDf The US could reduce their waste levels by a
factor of four by following the French methods of recycling.

--
The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it.
-- Plutarch