Posted to rec.woodworking
Dale Miller[_2_] Dale Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Affordable and powerful CAD.

On 06/24/2011 02:22 PM, Robatoy wrote:
In aweb.com,
"Lee Michaels"leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

They informed me of this program and I checked it out. It turns out that it
is based on The ARES of engine that can run on Mac, pc or Linux. Check out
this article. It is quite interesting. It is about time that AUTOCAD got
some competition.

http://www.deelip.com/?p=6006

Good find! I'm starting to like CorelCAD but 700 smackeroons is a lot
for a simple convenience.
I have all the horsepower I need in Vectorworks, plus it is like falling
off a log in terms of ease of use (for me). 23 years will do that.

Still, for somebody who doesn't have a CAD program, it's a nice deal.

Check this page out
http://www.freecad.com/

--
All the Best & 73's