Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Here we go then ! Finally opening on Monday ....

Adrian Brentnall wrote:

On 26/06/2011 20:44, Alan wrote:
In message , Arfa Daily
wrote

The website is www.ljsburgerandshakes.co.uk

Is it the doughnut shop for the local police force?

The customer facing side looks very dated and down market. It doesn't
create a good first impression.

Not sure I agree - I think they're doing for a 'retro' feel,
in which case it's not a bad job.

Don't agree with the current preoccupation with unnecessary glitz on
websites (which only slows the pages down)
- people going there are looking for a burger, not an art gallery.

Adrian

Good point - I agree about the "retro" - looks nice...

But re website, it *is* worth noting that more and more people are looking
at this stuff on mobile devices with 320xmumble screens and modem-speed
internet connections...

--
Tim Watts