Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Getting cash at ATM

On 6/24/2011 8:14 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Dunno if this is considered OT. Let's say you're getting money to pay
for home repairg

Here is a heads-up from David Horowitz, in the new Costco magazine.

"When sliding your card into the ATM, wiggle the card slot to make
sure it is secure. (????)

This tests for "skimming" devices that can steal your card's unique
data.

On most ATMs, a bright or flashing light will indicate that the card
has been properly inserted and is secure. **

Only after the light flashes should you proceed.

When entering your PIN, cover the keypad to block prying eyes or
cameras."

I'm assuming that Horowitz, who is a legit consumer advocate, and
Costco, would not print alarmist garbazhe.

** I never noticed a flashing light at ATM. Am I just unobservant, or
is this not always the case?

TIA

HB

never had an occasion to use an ATM. Don't see the need.

--
Steve Barker