Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - very ****ed off - Canon Pixma MP270

Dave Baker wrote:
Well as suggested I tried different scanning resolutions. 75 dpi was pretty
awful but 200 gave me this.

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/TBs%20200%20dpi_0003.jpg

I think that's about as nice as one could expect. So do I feel like an idiot
for returning a scanner that was actually better than my old one or what?
Live and learn I guess.

It depends on what you're using it for. Personally, I'm always looking
for sharper, up to the point where I used to focus on the grain in the
film when I was printing.

Personally, I scan at the highest resolution available, then use
manipulation software to improve the image. The same with photographs.
The files I post are a *lot* smaller than the ones I work with.

Except when I'm scanning summat to fax it, then it's 200dpi and
greyscale, turned to two-tone black and white.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.