Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Martin Levac Martin Levac is offline

Default Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan

On 6/25/2011 7:37 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Sigh. No, Marty, you are not a fool. You just have bad manners, an
inflated opinion of your smarts and trouble accepting criticism.

BTW, you didn't think the computer fan array was helpful? Why not?

Computer fans are too small thus must spin too fast thus produce too
much noise. And the frequency of that noise is too high thus much more
obvious and annoying comparatively. As for my bad manners, consider that
I only _reply_ in kind, I've never _started_ any bull****, but I
certainly gave back as much as was taken. All my replies to those
helpful and informative were polite and kind and appreciative. How would
you define my original post if not polite, concise and to the point? Why
would I show bad manners if I wanted help? That makes no sense. But then
why would I be polite to those who are useless, unhelpful and downright
obnoxious to me with no provocation whatsoever from me like that guy who
thinks he's the boss of a.e.electrical, TGITM?

I am not above going very low in my social interaction to make a point.
But I wouldn't just start off that way to **** people off for no reason.
As far as I can see, there's been exactly zero legitimate criticism of
anything I said. And the criticism that was made was directed at my
desire to obtain information, and the simple desire to do what I want
with that information. How the **** do you justify this kind of
criticism, especially in the absence of any helpful comment in the same
breath? I was raised to shut the **** up if I had nothing good to say.
But I was also raised to stand up for myself. I won't start a fight, but
I'll finish it. Hence, I reply in kind until the point is made clear.

Is the point made clear?