Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawing

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:23:39 -0400, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:29:01 -0400, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:50:26 -0400, wrote:
If your goal is to make stringed instruments, you need to position those
frets just right!

Soooo, how many wooddorkers are also luthiers, hmmm?

Well, the CEO of Grizzly, for one. He's got pictures of quite a few of
his instruments on the Grizzly web site and in the Grizzly catalog.

Yeah, their Luthier's Catalog is cool, too. So, that's one. How many
others are? I know a few guys here dabble.

Well, enough that they added a "Musical Instruments" section to the
Sawmillcreek.org woodworking forum. I haven't had time to visit it.

Studley, of the infamous Studley Toolbox was a piano repairman (I think).

Martin and Taylor count too, no?

OK, how many of the hundred who post here every week are?

The idea of being a musician and and working wood, and not wanting to
build an instrument seems just... inharmonious! : )

Play it again, Sam.

--
If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you,
but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that