Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Only 111 volts on one circuit, 118 on all others?

Bryan Scholtes wrote:
Yesterday my TV went out, and my guess is the power board based on the error code. I measured 111.2 volts on this circuit. All others in my house seem to be 118 volts.

Sometimes I plug an appliance into the same circuit, and it works slower than on other circuits. This seems to point to less voltage posing a problem. But the TV has always worked fine.

Questions:

- do you think this voltage is too low? Most low voltage stories I hear are less than 100v.
- could it have hurt the TV?
- Could running the appliance simultaneously have hurt the TV?

I love this group and hope to hear your opinions.

Hi,
Your TV problem is separate issue. Go check the voltage at you
main breaker panel first. Start from there. What kinda TV?