Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default wood floors

Kurt Ullman wrote the following:
We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her
friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is
this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some
areas look like they took a BB gun to it.

Many years ago, a woman with high heels attended a party at our house
and after she left, there was a lot of small dents in our wood floor. It
appeared that one, or both of her heels had lost the small rubber soles
(?) on the heels and all that was left were the heads of the small nails
that hold the rubber soles on.
The floor was 6" x 6" engineered parquet oak veneer tiles.
If your flooring has real wood veneer, you might try some lemon oil to
raise the grain in those dents. It helped somewhat on our floor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY