Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Martin Levac Martin Levac is offline

Default Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan

On 6/24/2011 11:18 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 24, 6:11 pm, Martin wrote:
On 6/24/2011 4:16 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
Martin wrote:

I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.

A bit of googling reveals several Vornado models with infinitely
variable speed. Whether or not they're specifically designed for window
installation, I don't know, because I didn't feel like doing that much
research. But I saw at least 3 models of infinitely variable design.

Thanks for the tip. I searched myself and found only the Vornado 280AE
window fan model with that feature, although not for sale. The hunt begins.

I was right - this is entertaining. You go off half-cocked and buy
something that doesn't do what you want, than you get your panties in
a twist when people tell you you're half-cocked idea for how to fix
the problem you got yourself into won't work, and now, after being a
newsgroup puppet on a string, you decide to start doing your homework.

Glad to be of use.

Next time ask for the advice before you buy something and get yourself
into trouble.

Wait, you mean to say that my inability to predict the future is a
character flaw? Hindsight is 20/20 indeed. This reminds me of South Park
and the Captain Hindsight episode for some reason. Add this to your
initial reply of "don't do it", and you make a full fledged coward who
will do everything in his power not to take any risk whatsoever, and
fail to learn anything in the process. Because, as you know, we can only
learn from our mistakes, and since you don't make any due to your
cowardice and your unwillingness to take any risk, that makes you
ignorant as well.

Ignorance is bliss. Go home, kiss your wife goodnight, don't worry about
a thing, everything will be alright.