Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan

On Jun 24, 6:11*pm, Martin Levac wrote:
On 6/24/2011 4:16 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
* Martin *wrote:

I do think it would be best if I found a window fan with that feature
already integrated but I failed to locate such a fan. Do you mean to say
that one of the Vornado models had fully variable speed control? If so,
I'd be very interested in finding one of those.

A bit of googling reveals several Vornado models with infinitely
variable speed. Whether or not they're specifically designed for window
installation, I don't know, because I didn't feel like doing that much
research. But I saw at least 3 models of infinitely variable design.

Thanks for the tip. I searched myself and found only the Vornado 280AE
window fan model with that feature, although not for sale. The hunt begins.

I was right - this is entertaining. You go off half-cocked and buy
something that doesn't do what you want, than you get your panties in
a twist when people tell you you're half-cocked idea for how to fix
the problem you got yourself into won't work, and now, after being a
newsgroup puppet on a string, you decide to start doing your homework.

Glad to be of use.

Next time ask for the advice before you buy something and get yourself
into trouble.