Posted to alt.home.repair
Nelly[_2_] Nelly[_2_] is offline

Default wood floors

"Oren" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:06:58 -0500, "Nelly"
wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
om...

We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her
friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is
this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some
areas look like they took a BB gun to it.
=========

Spike heel caps need to be constantly monitored for wear, they never last
long. Otherwise the nail head is going to cause damage. Sorry to hear.

Large dogs need to have nails clipped often. They can scratch the
surface of some wood flooring material. Happened to a previous
neighbor.

Problem, Oren?
I've yet to see any dog damage to a floor that can compare to that of a
5'8", 125-lb woman walking around in what amounts to nail punches.