Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default wood floors

On 6/24/2011 11:14 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In monster.com,
"Pete wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her
friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is
this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some
areas look like they took a BB gun to it.

Warranty claim...

So far Armstrong is suggesting that is normal wear and tear.

Spike heels are (were) well known to damage floors. They've been out of
style for so long that everyone has forgotten....the heels are so small
that all the weight is concentrated in a small area...pretty much like
pounding in a spike.