Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"harry" wrote in message

A sudden move fromTV to newspapers?

Newspapers have been in the discussion for some time. Were you under the
impression that you're some sort of moderator and the conversation has to
proceed according to your rules?

So, you're telling me that there are no such newspapers in America?

Is that what I wrote? No? Then when are you making up something I didn't
express?

Of course there are gossip rags in America, but everyone knows they are
gossip rags, they aren't considered real newspapers as the Brit tabloids
apparently are. In America such rags are the butt of jokes as are the
people who read them. The best known such rag is the National Enquirer
which has circulation under 800,000, in contrast to the Daily Mail (over
2,000,000) or the Sun (almost 8,000,000). So it would seem that the
appetite for sleazy gossip and scandal in the UK is somewhat greater than it
is in America if circulation figures are any guide.

I imagine Americans watch baseball or basketball on the "telly". (Both
of them debased forms of minority sports invented over here).

Dear me, you just can't get that burr out from under your saddle. If
someone offered you a Café Américano you'd probably wet your pants in rage,
wouldn't you.

What a clown.