Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT anti-lock brakes.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:25:32 -0400, Dbdlocker
wrote:

On 6/23/2011 6:02 AM, mm wrote:
On the People's Court, woman turning left, many hits her from behind
when she stops because of cross traffic.

Man drivign SUV says roughly that "on the newer cars, anti-lock
braking prevents the wheels from locking up so one stops slowly."

I thought on dry, non-gravel-covered roads, anti-lock braking had no
effect.

Even after he lost, he thought it was the fault of the driver in
front.

Anti-lock if for the anti-brained person. I never had trouble in winter
slippery conditions with REGULAR brakes.

I must admit, I havent' either. Even that accident I think I
mentioned, on the black ice, I *did* go straight ahead. I think all
four wheels lost traction equally so ABS wouldn't have helped anyhow.

I have a '95 now, without it. This car is lasting longer than most,
but the next car will be about a 2005 or 6 and I guess they all have
it. More expensive parts to break.