Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT anti-lock brakes.

On 6/23/2011 10:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote
I slammed on my brakes for a tailgater once, then immediately stomped on
the gas. The woman behind him creamed him. Both cars heavily damaged.
The guy behind me was fuming. Absolutely furious with me. It was his
girlfriend's car, she was in the passenger seat, it was their first day
of vacation. Cop declared me uninvolved and free to go, no questions
asked.

A guy at work did a similar thing a few months ago. He got $3100 in
damages on a year old car. He got some satisfaction from it, but still
had a damaged car. Not worth the risk, IMO.

The thought has run through my mind more than once but it is just stupid
to do it.

Like earlier this week when I was in the left lane on the Schuylkill
expressway at night and there was an accident or something so the
average speed was 3 MPH (the highway was a slow moving parking lot) and
a single occupant fluffed up truck stayed 6 inches behind me and to the
left to make sure their headlight was annoying as possible for almost an
hour.

Thats why I think it should be allowable to have a rear firing missile
system (or at least a high powered laser) like might be found on a Bond
car...