Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Air source heat pumps....

On Jun 23, 10:10*am, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,
*Matty F wrote:

On Jun 23, 9:27 am, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,
*Matty F wrote:

On Jun 23, 3:36 am, harry wrote:
I think in theory energy could be transferred.
However the big thing about refrigeration cycles is that on cooling
the refrigerant gas *condenses, the latent heat absorbs most of the
energy.

In the OP the refrigerant was CO2. Does that condense?
There are a number of compressor types that don't need oil.

Only with about 70 bar of pressure, if you want it to be liquid at 0C..

In that case CO2 would appear to be a much better choice for a
refrigerant than air. I'd better recycle the CO2 then.
Can't have that nasty CO2 escaping and causing Catastrophic Global
Warming can we

I doubt it. Above about 27C, CO2 is a gas whatever pressure you apply to
it.

--
Tim

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted" *-- *Bill of Rights 1689- Hide quoted text -

Rubbish. Fire extinguishers.