Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Pool nightmare

On 6/23/2011 4:36 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 6/22/2011 8:20 AM, willshak wrote:

A basement in Florida is known as an indoor swimming pool.

I can see that if it isn't built properly with the proper drainage and
sumps. Goes for ANY basement.

Well, I'll admit there are some areas where a basement isn't practical.
But then again, most of those places are not an area where I'd care to
build a house anyway.

And plenty of people build houses in areas where NO houses should be
allowed, absent a signed and recorded waiver of EVER getting public
assistance when (not if) mother nature destroys them. Sandbar islands,
the sides of mountains, bottom land less than 3 feet above the mean
water level of the river or ocean a half mile away, or actually below
sea level, etc. (I think it is criminally stupid that they are
rebuilding the low-lying parts of New Orleans. It WILL flood again.
Spend the money to buy them out, and build a New Ninth Ward on the high
side of the lake, and set up a cheap shuttle bus service so they can get
to their jobs.)

--
aem sends...