Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default iPad 2

On 23 Jun,
John Williamson wrote:

Reads specification It seems that the homeplugs are carrying 200MBps
of data. They say they use between 2 and 28MHz. If they're using spread
spectrum, then the bandwidth of each carrier can be reduced, but the
overall bandwidth stays the same, surely?

I'm glad that I don't use LW, MW or SW AM radio nowadays. Homeplugs have
been reported as wiping out reception of weak stations for quite a
distance from the installation.

It certainly does. I've currently got virtually all frequencies wiped out
between 1.8 and 30 MHz. Not just weak stations too!

Twisted pair ethernet doesn't, especially the shielded stuff.

There's a little leakage from that. My IPcam gives a little hash from its
ethernet connection, about 40dB down on what I get fron a neighbour's
homeplug 30 metres away, and 30 dB down on someone else about 200 metres
away.

I'm awaiting Ofcom's assistance on the homeplug.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply