Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RC plane motor questions

wrote:
I've been interested in small brushless motors for some time and it
seems like the ones made for RC use are plentiful and cheap. Bujt I'm
having a hard time getting my questions answered about these things.
My uses will not be in some type of RC toy, but "toys" that I want to
make for myself. I know I will need to get an ESC to drive the motor.

I'm not sure what you're making, but the power to weight of those
brushless motors is quite impressive.

There's a catch though, if you're not using them to just run a fan, which
is all they're good for.

they lack position sensors, so you can't just spin them back and forth
like a regular motor unless you have some sort of really awesome motor
controller.

They seem to now have brushless RC car motors and controllers. I'm not
sure how those work though.