Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Fully Variable Speed Control Unit for Lasko 2155A Window Fan

On Jun 23, 9:45*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Rich." wrote :

On Jun 21, 12:50 am, Martin Levac wrote:
On 6/20/2011 10:55 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

On Jun 20, 5:21 pm, Martin wrote:
Hello,

I have a Lasko 2155A window fan with integrated 3 speed control
unit (links at the end of this post). I want to be able to fine
tune the speed so I want a fully variable speed control unit that
I would attach to the power cord, and control the speed from there
instead.

Just set your internal fan switch to high and use one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-...rol-43060.html

or wire an incandescent lamp dimmer to a duplex outlet,then plug in the
fan(on high range).
That's how I speed control my fixed speed model 270 Dremel Mototool.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Again. Your dremel is a brushed motor, not an induction motor. What
works for a motor with brushes doesn't work on induction motors.